From Media Player Codec Pack:
The VLC Codec Pack is a free utility to install a collection of codecs/filters/splitters used for playing back video and audio files. After installation you will be able to play 99.9% of files through your media player, along with XCDs, VCDs, and SVCDs. Additional file associations are applied to make Windows Media Player play BDMV (unencrypted BluRay/AVCHD), EVO (unencrypted HD-DVD), MKV, M2TS, MP4, VOB, OGM, WEBM, FLV, and NUV movie files, as well as AC3, DTS, FLAC, APE, OGG, WV, TTA, OFR, SHN music files, and finally MO3, IT, XM, S3M, MTM, MOD, and UMX tracker audio files. Compression types supported include AVCHD, AVC, H.264, x264, H.263, H.261, DivX, XviD, Flash Video, VP3-8, Morgan JPEG, MJPEG, MPEG4, MPEG2. As an added extra a special version of VLC Player is included for files that may be broken or badly encoded. Users can simply right click on problem files and select "Open in VLC Player".
The package detects the best proof tested settings with additional options for CPU, GPU, and DXVA compatibility. Audio options during install allow users to set output from basic 2.0 channel stereo, right up to 7.1 channel output. Digital audio S/PDIF / HDMI passthrough for home theater systems can be set by the user to output Dolby Digital AC3, Dolby Digital Plus E-AC3, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, even multichannel non-AC3/DTS audio (for example 5.1 channel FLAC) can be set to encode as AC3 and output to digital S/PDIF / HDMI. Included in the package are a number of encoder codec's, allowing you to encode files in formats such as DivX and XviD in your favorite encoding application. 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows Media Player are supported as well as most other players. The package supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
NOTE: Windows 8 requires the Media Center add on in order to play DVD's. This is a restriction put in place by Microsoft, rather than a codec issue.
NOTE: Protected formats may require a specific player.
What's new in this version:
Version 220.127.116.11: Updated ffdshow to version 1.2.4502 build 20130224. Updated ffdshow x64 to version 1.2.4502 build 20130224. Updated LAV Splitter to version 0.55.3. Updated LAV Splitter x64 to version 0.55.3. Updated DXVA & Intel Quick Sync GPU/graphics card database. Added A Tray Menu with access to VLC Player and codec settings.?
There are two common types of options that people can use to uninstall program. The first type is uninstalling VLC Codec Pack from the Add/Remove Programs part of Windows' Control Panel.
1. Head to Start Menu > Control Panel.
2. Click on "Uninstall a Program" under the "Programs" section.
3. From there, find the VLC Codec Pack you want to uninstall and click on it.
4. You should see an "Uninstall" button show up at the top of the pane.
5. Click on that, and it'll open up that program's uninstaller.
6. Hit next, and when it finishes, the program will be removed from your system.
If you want to expunge every last trace of Startup Control Panel from your system, here are instructions to clean VLC Codec Pack entries remain in your system registry:
1. Launch the Registry Editor. Press the Start button and then click Run. Type in regedit into the Open: field. Then click on the OK button.
2. Using the + icon, navigate down through the registry key branches until you reach the subkey (the folder on the left) that you're wanting to delete, or the subkey that
contains the value (on the right) you're wanting to delete.
3. With the subkey or value selected, choose Edit and then Delete from the Registry Editor menu.
4. Click on the Yes button to confirm the key or value removal.
5. Close Registry Editor.
Video Show: How to Delete windows registry key?
Troubled with removing the unwanted and/or corrupted programs?
You can't uninstall a program using Windows Add/Remove Programs.
You're getting strange error messages when uninstalling a program.
You couldn't find the pesky program within Windows Add/Remove Programs.
Files have been corrupted or gone missing and the uninstall will not continue.
Some files and directories are left behind after uninstalling the main program.
You think that you've uninstalled a program but it still shows up when rebooting PC.
Features and Benefits of Help Uninstaller
1. Clean out registry completely, to makes sure that you can get rid of the problems of associated leftover folders/files, empty/corrupt registry entries.
2. It is much faster to uninstall programs than the Windows Add/Remove Programs-Fast Uninstall speed- 3 times faster than the standard Windows Add/Remove Program.
3. It will back up your Windows registry and allow you to restore the system easily, in case data loss.
4. Display detailed program information, and present detailed information of every program that installed on your computer.
5. Protect your registry from errors and improve your PC performance.
6. Easy to use-User-friendly and intuitive interface, even computer novice can handle the program easily.
7. Completely uninstall Windows programs without any traces.
Why to use Help Uninstaller Pro?
Remove programs easily
Solve uninstall problems
Uninstall stubborn programs
Delete leftover data after regular uninstall
Avoid installation errors
No more update problems
Learn what changes programs make on your computer during their installation
Achive best uninstall results and experience
You can choose a suitable way below:
1. Download Help Uninstaller
2. Run it after installation
3. Find out VLC Codec Pack in the list and click uninstall button
These three steps can completely uninstall a program including its registry entries. If VLC Codec Pack is partly uninstalled or corrupted, you need to force uninstall it by
1. Download Help Uninstaller
2. Exit it after installation
Video Show: How to Uninstall Program with An Uninstaller Software