From Sun Microsystems:
The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) provides the libraries, the Java Virtual Machine, and other components to run applets and applications written in the Java programming language. In addition, two key deployment technologies are part of the JRE: Java Plug-in, which enables applets to run in popular browsers; and Java Web Start, which deploys standalone applications over a network. This is the official Java Download from Sun Microsystems.
Java Runtime Environment is in the Other Browser Add-ons & Plug-ins category of the Browsers section.
What's new in this version:
IANA Data 2014c Bug Fix: regression - java_arguments not accepted after update to 7u65. The regression is addressed in this release.?
There are two methods of manually uninstalling Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from your computer: using the special uninstall tool provided by Java Runtime Environment (JRE), or using the Add/Remove programs provided by Windows.
1. Open the files you installed Java Runtime Environment (JRE) in, and then find out a program like Uinstall.EXE.
2. Click it and then follow the instructions to operate the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) removal.
3. In a few minutes, you will find that Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is removed from your computer.
1. Click Start on the left bottom and then go to Control Panel.
2. Run Add or Remove Programs.
3. Find out Java Runtime Environment (JRE) in the list of programs that are installed on your computer.
4. Click Remove button and follow the instruction next to remove Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
When manually removing the program from the system, you should spend more time in dealing with the latter process. As the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) will leave many components behind, these
components should be removed from the system as well.
1. Go into "my computer" and select your hard drive.
2. From there go into the programs file folder and locate the folder you previously had Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed in.
3. Now delete any files that pertain to any portion of Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
Video Show: How to Delete Program folder?
For a better and easier way to uninstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE), it is recommended to use an effective uninstaller tool. The best uninstaller program is the tool that's able to get rid of the programs you have on your computer in the most effective & reliable way possible. We've found that there are actually a lot of pieces of software out on the Internet which claim to be good at uninstalling software from your PC, but we've found that only one tool is able to clean out the programs you may have on your system in the most effective way possible. That tool is one called "Help Uninstaller".
Help Uninstaller key features
Show details about currently installed applications.
Check details of a certain program installed in your computer to decide whether to uninstall it or not.
Easy to use and provide different ways of application view to accord with your use habit: by Icons, by List, by Details
Forcibly display and remove hidden applications installed without your permission on your PC.
Fast scan the folder where the application to uninstall is installed.
Remove programs that can not be removed by "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel applet.
Forcibly uninstall any corrupted or half installed programs.
Completely clean up the empty / corrupted registry information so that you can install a new version.
Protect your Windows registry from empty / corrupted errors and improve your PC performance.
What can Help Uninstaller do for you?
One: First of all, it is able to display information of a certain application installed on your computer. It is helpful to decide whether you should uninstall an application or not, especially when you have no idea about the practical use of the application.
Two: Forcibly uninstall all stubborn applications that cannot be uninstalled from Windows Add/ Remove Programs.
Three: Clean up application files, folders, registry entries and application drivers that the application leaves over. Windows Add/Remove Programs is not able to remove the application completely. They will absolutely left invalid registry entries, related folders and even useless shortcut on your PC
Four: It can remove any unwanted programs from your computer easily than Windows Add/ Remove Programs. There are three type of uninstall function for you to choose. According to the stubborn level, you can select software uninstall, mighty uninstall and special uninstall. Thus, you can select the suitable function to remove programs efficiently.
Five: Back up PC system files whenever you boot PC, so that it is very easy to restore system once PC crashes. Thus, you needn't to worry about the problem of data loss.
Six: After removing the unwanted programs, it will release your PC hard drive space immediately.
The automatic removal method is the most ideal way to uninstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE) once and for all. It can not only uninstall programs and all the left-over files, but also help to cleanse any remaining files that would still stay on your system.
How to force uninstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE)?
1. Equip your machine with Help Uninstaller.
2. Run Help Uninstaller.
3. Select "Force Uninstall" and locate the folder path in this folder C:\Program Files\ Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
4. Select its folder path and click Next. Help Uninstaller will scan the whole system to find out and delete all related registry entries.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions to finish uninstalling the program completely.
Video Show: How to Uninstall Program with An Uninstaller Software